Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

October Reading Update 2016

It's a good thing I did so well in September, but October was awful for both new books and getting things read.


What I read in October:


Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance. This was good, but not as good as I expected. I saw a lot of my relatives in it though, which was eye opening.


Do you Want to Start a Scandal by Tessa Dare. This was so so good.


The Underground Culinary Tour: How the New Metrics of Today's Top Restaurants are Transforming how American Eats by Damian Mogavero. I'm at 63%. It feels pointless.

And uh, that's it. Which makes this next bit even worse....

New to My Kindle:


Hillbilly Elegy by JD Vance, from a daily deal, and I read it immediately!

Do You Want to Start a Scandal by Tessa Dare. FULL PRICE on Kindle, but also read immediately.

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. (Kindle)

Strong Poison by Dorothy L. Sayers. (Kindle)

Washington: A Life by Ron Chernow (Kindle) And no, I haven't read Hamilton yet.

All Our Wrong Todays by Elan Mastain (NetGalley)

Molly's Mr. Wrong by Jeannie Watt (NetGalley)

Tempting the Best Man by Tanya Michaels (NetGalley)

A Circle of Quiet by Madeleine L'Engle (NetGalley)

Princess in Black Takes a Vacation by Shannon and Dean Hale (NetGalley)

Let it Snow by Jeanete Grey (NetGalley)

4 comments:

  1. I have seen Hillbilly Elegy around. I noticed the deal, but that was before I started seeing the reviews that made me curious of course. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read Hillbilly Elegy so I'm disappointed to see you didn't love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This month has sucked in terms of reading accomplished. I don't even want to think about what I read versus what all I got. I do however want to read that Tessa Dare. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chernow's Washington is great but looonnngg and so packed with information.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP